[plug] shared tv

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:52:19 WST 2004

I havn't used it my self but VLC.
Your probably interested in http://www.videolan.org/streaming/
>From http://www.videolan.org/
----
Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!

The VideoLAN project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
MPEG-4 and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital
terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth
IPv4 or IPv6 network in unicast or multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN
also features a cross-platform multimedia player, VLC, which can be
used to read the stream from the network or display video read locally
on the computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours,
Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX, Familiar Linux...
----