[plug] Linux supported USB WiFi

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Thu Dec 9 15:59:45 WST 2004

The place to start looking for info on Linux wireless is
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux

There are 4 chipsets in use (look in the 802.11g section).

For me finding out which chipset is used in a product was quite difficult.

As far as I can tell USB support is not yet done for any of the three
chipset drivers under development.

Yes that's right 3. Broadcom is won't give out specs so there is no
development.

You may also consider ndiswrapper or LinuxAnt Driverloader (pay for
product). They allow you to use your WinXP dirver under linux. It seems to
work quite well.

However, although I can get my DWL-G122 (PrismGT usb) working with
ndiswrapper I can't get it work on boot.

Hope this helps.

Ian