[plug] Preferred or recommended graphics adapter

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 12:25:21 WST 2004

if you want all the bells and whistles, you only have
nvidia or ati.

nvidia is the best with linux support.

I had my hiccups with the drivers but mostly seemed to
be some obscure thing to do with the video bios and
drivers. (the black screen of death)

biggest headache was each new version mdk ment I HAD
to get NEXT rpm that MATCHED. (got sick of the this
MUST go with that at susan thing :)

best recommend: try the 9.1 with the hmm 44something
drivers (as a test)
if got more than 880ram set mem=880 on kernel line

Started out on mdk 7-9.1 (9.1) was last best :)
graduated to gentoo (found some gui installers to
quick install the basics and the just add what ever i
needed
(have learnt more :) and torn more hair out :)

mandrake ahhhh yesterdays (GRIN)

(better than rpm :) down side (best if got adsl)