[plug] ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 16 20:33:33 WST 2004

I have a mysql table with nearly 4 million records.  I am trying to
delete records from the table older than a particular timestamp, but
only a few 10's of thousands are deleted before it throws the error
below.  Stopping the applications that are writing to the table whist
doing the delete helps some, but it still happens.  A repair table quick
can take up to an hour and a half depending on the system (there are two
doing this)

mysql> delete from RAW where (TS < 20041201000000);
ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it

Any suggestions on how to improve this as to my mind its something that
should not happen on a modern RDBMS, even when very busy, which these
are not.

BillK

Home!