[plug] ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Dec 17 04:47:07 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 20:33, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I have a mysql table with nearly 4 million records.

It'd be really good if you could mention the MySQL version, where you
got it, what table format you're using, what database interface API
you're using to access it, etc.

Did you do a google search?
Did you examine this bug report: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4198 ?

Please read this:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22Incorrect+key+file+for+table%22
and see if that helps.

> I am trying to
> delete records from the table older than a particular timestamp, but
> only a few 10's of thousands are deleted before it throws the error
> below. Stopping the applications that are writing to the table whist
> doing the delete helps some, but it still happens.

Being an anything-but-MySQL bigot (not true: I use it a lot, just pick
what tasks to use it for carefully) I'd say this smells like a MySQL
bug.

> mysql> delete from RAW where (TS < 20041201000000);
> ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it
>
> Any suggestions on how to improve this as to my mind its something that
> should not happen on a modern RDBMS,

apt-get install postgresql

:-P

--