[plug] DVD error in SuSe

Sol sol at terminus.net.au
Fri Dec 17 05:09:27 WST 2004

> This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
> consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
> properly handle MIME multipart messages.
>

> I have Suse for Desktop on a PC with a DVD/CD-Burner combo.  I was
attempting to play a DVD when I got an error stating I didn't have the
Audio codec 0x2000.  Installed liba52 and this still did not fix the
problem.  Has anyone run into this and if so how was it fixed?

I read an article recently that pointed out that Suse couldn't ship
certain proprietry codecs for legal reasons and that a better bet was to
just install the wanted multimedia programs from source. Maybe this
would be a better bet?

/sol