[plug] DVD error in SuSe

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:43:52 WST 2004

When you originally built it from source (what is 'it' by the way? xine,
mplayer, vlc?), the ./configure script probably found no codec available and
built the program from there. Although it's now installed, it probably still
needs to be re-built. Run the ./configure, make, make install again.

If it isn't this, check the permissions of the codec files, make sure all
users can read them, does it play okay in root? If this doesn't fix it,
check your /etc/ld/so.conf file and add the following lines if they aren't
already there:

/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/win32
/usr/local/lib/win32

cheers! :)
john

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"