[plug] ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 17 08:17:55 WST 2004

In message <1103200413.17825.33.camel at rattus.Localdomain>
on Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:33:33PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> I have a mysql table with nearly 4 million records.  I am trying to
> delete records from the table older than a particular timestamp, but
> only a few 10's of thousands are deleted before it throws the error
> below.

I've not encountered this problem before, but the only tables that I
have of this size are on 64-bit systems. What do you see if you run
something like 'SHOW TABLE STATUS;'?

> mysql> delete from RAW where (TS < 20041201000000);
> ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'RAW'. Try to repair it

Can you disable indexing for the duration of your deletion? Just curious
as to whether that has any impact, though I realise it would not resolve
the flaw in general.

As Craig says, you should probably check MySQL bug reports and Google,
if you haven't already done so.