[plug] Re: PLUG Membership Update

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Dec 17 09:00:44 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

>I acknowledge, though, that should there be a rift
>   between PLUG and Linux Australia, PLUG may wish to stand on
>   its own.

Not that I'd think this would happen.  But IMHO, this would be the main
reason why PLUG should be promoted with its own namespace, as a separate
entity in its own right - but with an affiliation with Linux Australia,
not mistaken for being a branch or off-shoot.  Which means PLUG is an
organisation in its own right, and may have different agendas from LA.

Also in regards to the domain name registration costs, I hardly think
this would be an issue - because if it came to that I'm sure someone
would pitch in for the costs (hell, I would if it came to that).