[plug] DVD error in SuSe

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Dec 17 12:38:06 WST 2004

ol, yes you're right and what I meant to say was that we tried installing it from source but we still get no  sound.  I installed liba52 from source.  So I was looking to see if there is something else I'm missing.

Thanks

jlm

>>> sol at terminus.net.au 5:09:27 am 17/12/2004 >>>

> This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
> consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
> properly handle MIME multipart messages.
>

> I have Suse for Desktop on a PC with a DVD/CD-Burner combo. I was
attempting to play a DVD when I got an error stating I didn't have the
Audio codec 0x2000. Installed liba52 and this still did not fix the
problem. Has anyone run into this and if so how was it fixed?

I read an article recently that pointed out that Suse couldn't ship
certain proprietry codecs for legal reasons and that a better bet was to
just install the wanted multimedia programs from source. Maybe this
would be a better bet?

/sol

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au