[plug] Gnome Un/Mount

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Dec 20 11:39:08 WST 2004

I am running Debian Testing/Unstable.
I think it was when I upgraded from Gnome 2.4 or 2.6 to 2.8 that I lost
the ability to Right click the desktop, go to Disks (IIRC) and click on
the mount point I wanted to mount. It would then try to mount it and if
successful it would place it on the desktop.
I think this was removed as most distros now have automount. As I don't
wish to use automount I now need to manually mount a volume (with mount
/mnt/volume) although I can unmount it by right clicking its icon on the
desktop.

Do people know of an easy way to mount a volume from within Gnome
without using the command line?

Thanks

Tim
p.s. I'm not scared of the command line, it's for other members of my
family who are.
--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net