[plug] Gnome Un/Mount

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 20 13:06:07 WST 2004

I am interested in this too - I went so far as to ask on the gnome list
and got criticised for not liking how gnome 2.6 is set up.  Taking their
advice to get used to the current (lack of) functionality because this
was the way the gnome gods were decreeing it as being short sighted, I
installed KDE, but find it too lolly-ish so went back to gnome and its
annoyances as the lesser of the evils.

I have been able to fix a few of the "features" such as the way they
turned nautilus into a microsoft filemanager clone that spawns a new
window for every mouse click, but this one has eluded me.

BillK