[plug] UI idea

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Dec 20 15:03:56 WST 2004

Hello,

Today I had to help someone copy some mp3s to a CD. I realised that it
really is quite a pain to select and drag only the files you want
without dragging over the ones you don't want.

You usually need to mess around with control A and the shift and control
keys which can be quite cumbersome.

Has anyone ever considered having a check box next to each file? When
you tick the check box file is selected. When you untick it the file is
deselected. You could also have a "select all" button.

I think this would go well in Tree and List views such as in file
managers and CD burning applications.

Any comments?

I'd like to suggest this to the KDE team at some stage.

regards,

Chris Caston