[plug] apt-get and Gnome2 issue

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Wed Dec 22 11:43:29 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 09:25, Ryan wrote:

<snipped>

> Last night I tried an upgrade from my aarnet sources.  It downloaded
> about 400 packages and then couldn't find the rest - out of sync maybe,
> did a few more updates, no joy.
>
> Changed to ii-Net sources and the upgrade list was about 1/4 the size and
> slightly older, all downloaded and installed fine.  Then I installed
> planner and it did exactly what it was told.
>
> Yay.
>
> Is ii-Net's unstable mirror known for running behind the times, but not
> suffering from mid-sync problems?

I don't know about ii-net's mirror or uwa as I always use
ftp.wa.au.debian.org and haven't had any major problems in the 4+ years
I have been using it. Being an official mirror also ensure that latency
as a result of infrequent updates is not an issue. (Plus it is on WAIX
which is great for me).

Synopsis. Try one of the official mirrors.

> Thanks,
>
> Ryan

Michael Hunt.