[plug] UI idea

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:14:07 WST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:10:19 +0800, rpowersau at gmail.com
<rpowersau at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:03:56 +0800, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Today I had to help someone copy some mp3s to a CD. I realised that it
> > really is quite a pain to select and drag only the files you want
> > without dragging over the ones you don't want.
> >
> > You usually need to mess around with control A and the shift and control
> > keys which can be quite cumbersome.
>
> What application? In konqueror file manager, just hold down the
> control key and click on the files you want to select then drag them
> all at the same time.
I think what he's trying to point out is that its easy to stuff up
your selection using that method.. and if you had a "semi static" way
to select all the unselected "some" that was a little less easy to
"fumble" then the tick box idea would be neat.. I actually agree.. and
you'd set it up so that the ticks wipe themselves away when you close
the window...

--
Ubuntu Warty 4.10