[plug] UI idea

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:24:03 WST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:14:07 +0800, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:10:19 +0800, rpowersau at gmail.com
> <rpowersau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:03:56 +0800, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Today I had to help someone copy some mp3s to a CD. I realised that it
> > > really is quite a pain to select and drag only the files you want
> > > without dragging over the ones you don't want.
> > >
> > > You usually need to mess around with control A and the shift and control
> > > keys which can be quite cumbersome.
> >
> > What application? In konqueror file manager, just hold down the
> > control key and click on the files you want to select then drag them
> > all at the same time.
> I think what he's trying to point out is that its easy to stuff up
> your selection using that method..

How is ctrl clicking on a file any harder than clicking on a little
tick box? How is it easy to stuff up?

>and if you had a "semi static" way
> to select all the unselected "some" that was a little less easy to
> "fumble" then the tick box idea would be neat.. I actually agree.. and
> you'd set it up so that the ticks wipe themselves away when you close
> the window...

I'm very confused. That's exactly how ctrl click works. How is that
easy to fumble? Wouldn't it be easier for someone less skilled with
computers to hit the file rather than a little tick box?

I must be missing something here?  Off on my own little tangent. :-)

> --
> Ubuntu Warty 4.10

Regards,
Russ