[plug] UI idea

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Dec 20 17:50:48 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:
> I was thinking that selecting files and having the check boxes ticket
> would be synchronised. If you select the file the usual way the check
> box is ticked. If you tick the check box the file is shown selected.
>
> The person (I was helping copy the mp3s) is about 50 or so years of age
> and I think that such an option would be more useful to people not as
> quick with PCs as most of us.

I have seen a file manager somewhere (might have been on a Mac) that
selects with just a single click. To unselect I think it required a
right click somewhere.

So maybe the problem is not how you select them. It how you lose the
entire selection. So instead of being able to select lots and then
instantly change the selection to a single file it would be better to
select and unselect as if the Ctl key was always held down and to
unselect all you need to right click for a menu with different options
like, invert selection, select all, select none, copy, ....

Does that make sense?

Tim
--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net