[plug] Anyone successfully using a wireless USB key with a linux laptop?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 21 08:54:21 WST 2004

Anyone successfully using a wireless USB key with a linux laptop?  I
bought a dlink DWG-G650+ PCMCIA card which is supposed to work - except
on my laptop as it turns out (DEll i8200, a resource conflict - so if
someone wants to make a reasonable offer on a brand new PCMCIA wireless
card ...)

So I am thinking of sidestepping the lousy APIC and ACPI support and try
a usb wireless key - but am having a hard time trying to chase a
suitable unit that has at least usable linux support on 2.6 kernels
down.

BillK

Home!