[plug] apt-get and Gnome2 issue

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Dec 21 09:25:08 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 17:45, Timothy White wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
> > I am using Debian Testing as well.
> > Looking at the Deps of planner it requires Gnome <= 2.6, if you are
> > using Testing it may still be at 2.4.
> ---snip---
> > gnome-core = 61
> > gnome-panel =2.8.1-2
> > nautilus = 2.8.2-1
> >
> Just looking at apt-cache policy for the above packages. It appears they
> are all in Testing.

Last night I tried an upgrade from my aarnet sources.  It downloaded
about 400 packages and then couldn't find the rest - out of sync maybe,
did a few more updates, no joy.

Changed to iiNet sources and the upgrade list was about 1/4 the size and
slightly older, all downloaded and installed fine.  Then I installed
planner and it did exactly what it was told.

Yay.

Is iiNet's unstable mirror known for running behind the times, but not
suffering from mid-sync problems?

Thanks,

Ryan