[plug] Hotmail access from Linux e-mail client?

Alex Nordstrom alexander.nordstrom at tpg.com.au
Sat Dec 25 01:50:29 WST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:10, caston at arach.net.au wrote:
> Has anyone attempted accessing hotmail through a Linux e-mail client
> before?

lx at bart:~$ apt-cache search hotmail
gotmail - Utility to download email from a Hotmail or MSN account
hotsmtp - SMTP to Hotmail (HTTPmail) gateway
hotway - POP3 to Hotmail (HTTPmail) gateway

I've used hotway in the past, and it worked fine for my purposes
(receiving only). You simply set it up as a daemon that provides a POP3
interface for use with any standard client software.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/