[plug] Hotmail access from Linux e-mail client?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Dec 25 23:25:57 WST 2004

On 25 Dec 2004 at 1:10, caston at arach.net.au wrote:

> I'm about to do a proposal for LTSP server for a business that has small number of
> PCs that only require a web browser to access their web based application and to a
> lesser extent an e-mail client.
>
> Unfortunately the business currently uses hotmail through Outlook Express. I may be
> able to convince them to get a more professional e-mail address but if they are
> unwilling need to look into the feasability. I may also suggest that they keep at least
> one Windows machine.
>
> Has anyone attempted accessing hotmail through a Linux e-mail client before?

Have you considered using

www.mail.com

They will let you set up a free email account - and you can choose from a wide range of email
addresses - I have had an account there for over five years.

The site is quite clean and so far spam has been minimal - their advertising is a PITA but it is
not all that intrusive.

It can be accessed through almost any browser.

Go and have a  look at their site

Regards Arie