[plug] Machine Check Exception

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sat Dec 25 23:38:00 WST 2004

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:32 pm, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Ok. Heres my punt..
>
> I'll take a guess your on a 2.6 kernel, and trying to load a nvidia
> driver or something like that.

2.6 yes... nvida nope... its not got X running... its a server

> The kernel grabs a lock, loads the elf binary (presumably the module) ,
> has a hunt around, then for some reason the scheduler calls and blows the
> lock out the water. panic!

Thats why I was wondering if it was bad ram

> What is it trying to load?

This is not a panic on boot or anything like that (lost a 200+ day uptime on
this :).

As mentioned, about the only thing that it being pointed at is spamassasin.
I have sa-exim running in teergrube mode and sometimes the processes take a
looooong time to finish. Maybe something tripped over a timeout?

--
IBM Advanced Systems Group -- a bunch of mindless jerks, who'll be first
against the wall when the revolution comes...