[plug] Accessing VTs over 12

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 27 11:07:19 WST 2004

You would do better finding what is keeping the VT after the crash.
>From memory its the /tmp/.X0-lock, /tmp/.X1-lock etc.  Delete the unused
ones and try again.  May also be other lock files involved, but its at
least a couple of years since I have seen this - you are using a recent
xorg or xfree system - not a ver 3.x?  Use the initscripts to stop all
xservers fist, then delete the lock files and then restart gdm

BillK