[plug] [revisited] mp3 downsizing

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 02:18:47 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 00:43, Timothy White wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 23:19, Jason Belcher wrote:
> >-snip-
> >

> >>There's various utilities to rename files based on tags/retag files
> >>based on file names. If it's just basic info such as Track Name,
> >>Artist, Album, etc you could try using one of those to rename them
> >>all, then transcode them, the retag based on your filename format.
> >>Could do it for all your tags but you'd have some cumbersome filenames
> >>there.
> >>

> >-snip-
> >
> >Thanks, Jason.  I'm open to any ideas.  Any names of those tools that
> >you are thinking about, so I can check them out?
> >

> Easytag under Linux. (Just one of many.)
> I'm using Debian so 'apt-cache search mp3 tag'
> I use it cause I've found it good and it does ogg vorbis as well.
>
> Tim
> --

Maybe I'm missing something, but tag editors I don't need - tag copying
across downsampled files I do need.  I don't see Easytag offering that
option  - or do I need to RTFM a bit more?

Sorry, I now realise that sounds a bit terse, but I don't mean it to
be.  It's jsut that I've had a fruitless search on this issue so far,
but thanks for offering advice nevertheless :^).

My issue pales into non-existence compared to Brad's recent
self-destruct episode.  I feel for you.

Regards, Gavin.