[plug] Collie P & CYC

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Dec 31 06:33:23 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 21:19, garry wrote:
> Be nice if I can get them using VOIP on Linux. Have had trouble with
> Skype on this machine on Sarge, but as Matt suggested it might be the
> driver being used for this chipset. Suse has impressed me very much -
> the config screens are very easy to use. [yes, I can drive vi..]
> I think VOIP might add a "coolness" factor..

Having just gotten VoIP to work across my satellite link, can I point
you to asterisk. It is a PBX which deals with call management, talks to
other devices, and allows you to interface with the plain old telephone
system. A skype extension is being written and it is well supported.

As soon as some call initiation issues have been ironed out (across my
satellite-link), I'll be using it as my main voice communication, seeing
as initial calculations suggest that my costs will drop by around 75%.

PS. Has anyone looked at my Linux Business Portal ATO document yet, I'm
eager for some feedback: http://itmaze.com.au/articles/ato/

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°33'15" - E150°21'57" (Moss Vale, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..