[plug] Binary Clock

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Mon Feb 2 12:14:51 WST 2004

Shayne O'Neill wrote:

| It *can* be handy for (for instance) letting kids know whats currenly
| in vogue with other kids etc. (Ie knowing whats the latest pokemon
| type game or what hi-5 are up to etc).

Um.  On the one hand, I would've thought that actually interacting with
other, real people would be much better for this purpose (as you
suggested later), and on the other, such pointless trends really tend to
annoy me.  But then, I suppose I'm just odd in that doing what other
people are doing simply because other people are doing them (especially
when, in turn, it was due to some advert on the telly) generally has
little appeal to me.  Not sure how much this was still the case when I
was a kid though...

Cameron.