[plug] Re: [OT] Pratchett and BCBs (was: TV)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Feb 2 23:20:54 WST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:58, bob wrote:
> Its mentioned in Men at Arms

> "Sham Harga had run a successful eatery for many years by always
> smiling, never extending credit, and realizing that most of his
> customers wanted meals properly balanced between the four food
> groups: sugar, starch, grease and burnt crunchy bits. "

I originally got the idea from a cousin of mine, at whose suggestion the
three named groups were put forward, but was delighted to find it in
Men At Arms. Along with Sam Vimes' "boots" theory of economics (which
title is itself a pun on an economic theory called "bootstrapping") -
Mr Pratchett must be one clever dude *and* keep a notepad handy at all
times.

Cheers; Leon