[plug] TV Series episodes

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 3 16:42:40 WST 2004

In message <851545268AD5D5118929000629A8722A02999E1F at mail.arg.net.au>
on Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:04:06PM +0800, Bennett, Phillip wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 18:14, Clinton Butler wrote:
> >> I was just wondering if anyone knows somewhere, preferably on the
> >> WAIX, that I could obtain the episodes of Mortal Kombat Conquest..
[...]
> >> Any help would be most appreciated =)
> >And any help provided would be completely illegal.
> Exactly what is illegal?

Taping shows from TV broadcasts (usually). There is a slim chance that
portions of the broadcasts can be legally copied for your private use.
However, unauthorised distribution of such tapings would itself be
in violation of copyright. See <http://www.copyright.org.au/>.

> How would it be any different from taping them off the TV when they were on?

The problem with announcing these things in a public place is that there
is a public archive of mailings. Any person can visit these archives and
see the Linux advice...and the tip-off about servers hosting illegal
content.