[plug] National Bank against open source

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Feb 4 12:38:36 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 12:29, sscott at iinet.net.au wrote:
<snip>
> > If they don't, I'm happy to educate them with my wound-up energy and
> > size 11EEE Redwing boots (I actually wear Mack boots) :)
<snip>
> While I fully appreciate your energy and drive, things work different in the
> dumb end of town. You have to approach things completely differently. Its all
> about baby-steps, and presenting things correctly. If you stomp the door down
> and start screaming, theyll stop listening faster than the speed of light.

Boot wielding and wound-up energy of course being figurative terms, and
incorrect ones in light of my intentions.

I don't shout at people and break down doors in the figurative sense,
that does more harm to the cause than good as you rightly pointed out.

It also means I have to polish my boots and go to the physio more often,
which I could do without.  Any complains if I switch to a pair of thongs
and a crow bar Garry? ;P

Ryan