[plug] displaying digital images on TV

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 7 21:15:30 WST 2004

At 06:30 PM 07-02-2004 +0800, BillK wrote:

>Having recently come back from a holiday, I have ~250 digital photos to
>show off.  Is there a way to burn them to cd in such a way as to display
>them on a TV via a dvd payer.  Something like a vcd with stills?
>
>I have not heard of anything that could enable this, but its worth
>asking in the hope that there is a solution.

I have an LG DVD player that can detect .jpg files and presents a menu to
allow you to browse through the .jpg's in sequence or to type in the menu
index number of the image to select an image to view.

It gets a bit upset/confused if the .jpg images are in a complex directory
structure (better to keep it simple)

The cost of the DVD player was about $160.00, it also handles VCD's and MP3
audio quite well.

Regards Arie