[plug] FTP problems not sure where to look.

anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Sun Feb 8 14:55:09 WST 2004

Hi,
Having difficulties reestablishing an ftp link betweem my new machine
running
Sid & the older machine running Sarge when I do an "ifdown -a" I get

SIOCDELRT: no such device

when I do "ifup -a" I get

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIINETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR: while getting interface flags: No such device
eth0: ERROR: while getting interface flags: No such device

The  /etc/network/interfaces  file looks OK

Have been unable to locate the problem/source.
There may be some files that have not been installed but what???
Where to look???????

Generally found that if "ftp" is  out of action so is the Internet
connection.

Hope soneone can steer me in the right direction I am sure it is
something simple.

Thanks

Laurie