[plug] Driving wget

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 9 21:18:50 WST 2004

At 06:55 AM 09-02-2004 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I don't use wget often but sometimes run it over night to browse a site
>later if its to grindingly slow on my 19200k connection.
>
>Invoked wget with -r -k but it did not convert the www links to
>relative or local links.
>
>I was only expecting 5mb maybe but it turned out to be a pretty big
>site, over 80mb with several hundred files and sub folders.
>Not bad for a site all about garden domes.
>
>Its pretty straight forward html and image files.
>
>Is there is a linux tool I can use to convert the html files
>within the folder and subfolders I allready have to point to the local
>file system?
>

>mark

Have you considered using "Spiderzilla" it will download an entire website
to the local file system, is highly configurable and easy to use - just aim
it at a web site, choose your options and click on the 'mirror' button - and
go for a cup of coffee or two (or three).

For larger sites - you leave it running over night.

Available as a plugin for mozilla/firebird on Linux and Windows.

Regards Arie