[plug] Driving wget

hooker at iinet.net.au hooker at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 9 21:25:50 WST 2004

I've used wget for that a couple of times - once accidentally ! Well, not
quite. I'd specified a depth of 15 I think, and found that the damn thing
didn't work *quite* the way I wanted. Almost 48 hours later the script ground
to a halt, and now the site doesn't accept wget requests at all :-) (or should
that be :-( )

If you've got any kind of download quota (particularly one which involves
parting with cash) watch out mirroring sites !

Hook