[plug] Mac OSX

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 10 12:20:21 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 12:13, James Devenish wrote:

> BUT, I can't say I've ever tried to use Mac OS
> X with SMB/CIFS/NFS :-) Also, you may need to run the 'Directory Access'
> programme on the Mac OS X machines to enable SMB-type network browsing
> (I can't remember what its defaults are).

OSX seems to handle SMB file access quite nicely. Some older mac apps,
such as Carbon apps, seem to have issues with the lack of creator/type
codes and a resource fork, but most things appear to work fairly well.
The finder, and most newer apps, seem happy to fall back to file
extensions for identifying files to assign icons and application
bindings.

Of course, I doubt it'll work well if you need Classic apps.

Craig Ringer