[plug] Mac OSX

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 10 14:13:34 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0402101335280.18708-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:37:53PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> .AppleDouble is where netatalk squirrels away its metadata. Note that
> so does OSX, implying netatalk code in there for apple serving ;)

What do you mean "so does OS X"? Doesn't it use ._ directories, not an
.AppleDouble directory? (I realise it does use the AppleDouble format
which was published by Apple, possibly as part of its previous UNIX
operating system, A/UX.)

> Erm. Beware though, it *does* leave .AppleDouble files all over the damn
> place (.AppleDouble is where netatalk squirrels away its metadata. Note

Hehe. And 'Network Trash Folder', 'TheVolumeSettingsFolder', 'Temporary
Items', etc :-)