[plug] POSIX ACL support

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Feb 10 15:13:23 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:02, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <1076396161.873.91.camel at vaio>
> on Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 02:56:02PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> > Helps to know what you are searching for too.
>
> Google for: Linux kernel POSIX ACLs (choose "I'm feeling lucky" and
> it'll take you to a page that seems to have been updated in the last
> month -- not sure if this is "the answer", but it's certainly not
> from "five years ago").
>
> > apt-cache search posix | grep acl
>
> % apt-cache search acl | fgrep kernel
> kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity - grsecurity kernel patch - 2.4.x security patch
> kernel-patch-acl - Extended attributes, and ACL kernel-patches for ext2/ext3

That I'm feeling lucky site doesn't work for me - that's half the
problem - I now remember this is probably what made me give up last
week.  Oddly last week that site had no google cache option - now it
does.  hmmm...

update reputations set searching='crap' where user='ryan';

Thanks,  I'll just look where I should have and figure it out ;)

Now if anyone has actually _used_ these with Samba and can offer any
review, I'd love to hear it.

Ryan