[plug] handling failed non-redundant storage in a server

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Feb 12 13:59:55 WST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:26, Brad Campbell wrote:

> http://www.addonics.com (And they have a local distributor in Aus)
> I am awaiting 3 of their removable sata caddies and a sata cardbus interface from the States. I'll
> let you know what they are like when they hit deck.

Yeah, the model II SATA variant looks ok:

http://www.addonics.com/products/mobile_rack/aenrhdsa35-r.asp

and I might just pick up a couple. Are those the ones you bought?

I love the "interface throughput graph" on that page. They've just used
the printed specifications for the interfaces rather than trying to
display real-world performance - hence USB2 showing up as faster than
FireWire. It's also amusing that they left of U320 SCSI and FC to make
SATA look like the fastest.

It's also interesting to see that they say that only the SII controllers
support hot swap. Could've fooled me... perhaps they mean /of cheap PCI
SATA controllers and on-board controllers/ only the SII appears to
support hot-swap.

Craig Ringer