[plug] PCI VGA cards

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 13 21:03:17 WST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:43:49PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Scott Middleton wrote:

> | I bought a NVidia GeForce4 MX PCI a few weeks ago and they are no longer
> | cheap.
>
> I don't believe they were ever cheap.  The AGP ones are amazingly cheap,
> but because the PCI cards are less common, you'll have to pay a premium
> for them.

About $100 for AOpen's GForce 4 MX 440 64MB PCI with TV out. Not too bad.
e.g.	http://www.trinix.com.au/r_vga.htm
Last section; under "PCI".

Also see http://www.eyo.com.au/items_CatID_4_SubCatID_90.html
Cheapest is under $50, ATI Rage 8MB which is enough for undemanding
graphics, but I wouldn't foist it upon unsuspecting users.

Pay the extra $50, just to keep the lusers quiet. :-)