[plug] mysql + php integration with websites.. anyone?

Gavan gavan at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 14 10:13:08 WST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:47 pm, Paul Stone wrote:
> Hey all..
>
> Just wondering. I have brief knowledge of how to integrate mysql + php onto
> my websites, but would like to have a more solid understanding (so i can
> create database driven websites from scratch rather then plugging things in
> and getting them working)
>
> can anyone reconmend any good books or courses for learning this kinda
> stuff? learning from the web is good, but sometimes tedious.

I've just bought "PHP and MySQL for dynamic websites" by Larry Ullman from
Dymocks so I could figure out how to make mods to a phpnuke intranet.  Looks
pretty good as a starter kit.  Has enabled me to modify the existing phpnuke
modules & write a few new ones, so might be what you're looking for.  Cost
$50.

Gavan Blunt.