[plug] PCI VGA cards

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Sat Feb 14 14:04:56 WST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 17:18, Chris Caston wrote:
> Outstanding.
I did a little further reading on dual headed, dual legged machines last
night. It wont be as easy as I thought, but still worth a shot.

> Will you be using the Ruby patches?
There are at least three ways to go about it, all involving patching not
only the kernel (which I'm not worried about) but patching XFree86
(which I am worried about). One my kernels was patched to
2.6.2-mm1-reiser4-swsusp-orinoco. I am a bad man :)

> They are now synced with 2.6.2 btw.

If they are in 2.6.2 (all my workstations and the server run 2.6.2-mm1)
this could make life easier, although XFree86 would still be a problem.

> I am VERY interested in meeting to help with this implementation in any
> way possible. I do have some cards here but I was planning to use them
> for the same project. As long as this is for a common goal than that may
> be okay.

I'm not sure when we'll be getting started. Its supposed to coincide
with the office moving, but I'm not sure when that will happen. I'll
keep you posted.