[plug] WARNING: ***NASTY*** virus loose [attachments sliced]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Feb 15 15:52:42 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 15:39, Chris Caston wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 14:15, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > This arrived with a 72kB PIF attachment, pretty much guaranteed to be a
> > virus. If you use MS-Windows for reading your email, delete it on
> > sight. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES READ A MESSAGE LIKE IT.
>
> I assume you posted this just to make as all feel smug

... and, I expect, because there are quite a few sysadmins on this list,
many - like me - responsible for networks that involve Windows machines
too. Of course, all such networks /should/ have a good, auto-updating
mail virus scanner.

>  but by any chance
> does anyone on this list still use Windows on their main machine?

Some people probably have to at work, and it's possible some might
need/prefer it for their desktop. I don't fit either category, though.

Craig Ringer