[plug] PCI VGA cards

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Feb 15 21:26:25 WST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:04, Adrian Woodley wrote:
>> They are now synced with 2.6.2 btw.

> If they are in 2.6.2 (all my workstations and the server run
> 2.6.2-mm1) this could make life easier, although XFree86 would still
> be a problem.

Works OK with Mandrake's 2.6.1 and XFree86-4.4pre2 (patched, BoC). See
photo here (ready to have your brain messed with? :-)
http://cyberknights.com/ps7-2.png of Photoshop 7.0 running on the above
system, editing a photo of the same system displaying KDE 3.1.3 across
two monitors.

That's not Xinerama, it's MergedFB. I seem to remember MergedFB being
display-Ruby compatible and lets you do full-speed GL across as many
monitors as a single card supports (none to quickly on the SE version
of the Radeon 9200, but you get that).

OTToMH I had to do weird things to make KDM happy, but you wouldn't be
using KDE on thin clients anyway, you'd be using something like
FluxBox, XFCE or WindowMaker.

Cheers; Leon