[plug] Dialin server help please!

Tony Breeds magni at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Feb 19 06:18:12 WST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:55:59AM +0800, Mark J Gaynor wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have been looking at building a dialin server on a Wizard box running
> under Debian. This I have done from a linux to linux box and windows
> to linux box using shell accounts and scripts. ( it was a while ago )
> They worked very well.
>
> This time I want to do the same thing using PAP/CHAP doing away
> with scripts doing it the Debian way. I would like to utilize shell
> account info to keep it simple. The HOWTO for this has been removed
> for updating and Google searching has not been really helpful.
>
> Can anyone point me to a resourse that can help, please, or can provide
> some assistance off list or by phone 94401852.

It's been a while since I've done this but you want to google for
+mgetty +linux +AutoPPP

This page seems good.
	http://www.swcp.com/~jgentry/pers.html

Once you have mgetty installed read the docs about AutoPPP this should
do exactly what you need.  If you want help email me offlist.

Yours Tony

        Linux.Conf.AU       http://lca2005.linux.org.au/
        Apr 18-23 2005      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!