[plug] Dialin server help please!

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Fri Feb 20 01:53:25 WST 2004

Hey Tony,

On 2/19/04 at 6:18 AM magni at plug.linux.org.au wrote:

>It's been a while since I've done this but you want to google for
>+mgetty +linux +AutoPPP

I didn't search for +mgetty or +AutoPPP.

>This page seems good.
>	http://www.swcp.com/~jgentry/pers.html

That has what I need I think.

>Once you have mgetty installed read the docs about AutoPPP this should
>do exactly what you need.  If you want help email me offlist.

I have mgetty installed, its just the configuration to use /etc/passwd
entries is
not documented clearly anywhere, and with the dial-in server docs at
linux.org
ofline I was starting to get a little discouraged, not to mention running
up the
phone bill. At first glance I think the /etc/ppp/options.server file is the
answer I'm
looking for.

Many thanks

Mark
--

BTW: How's Canberra. You have missed out on the Western Power mess.
Its was predictable and just a matter of time.