[plug] mplayer

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:11:23 WST 2004

>Xine is nice, but I am having a pig of a time getting it do display movies
>correctly on my projector. I have managed a 50hz X modeline, I can enable
>deinterlacing but it simply makes the picture fuzzy, I still get tearing
>when it's not syncing on vertical retrace.

Change to another de-interlacing mode in the config area, the default one is
a 'chep' de-interlacer and is rather blocky, use a more intensive one
avaliable in the config menu. I'm sure xine and mplayer would use the same
de-interlacing methods, try using the deinterlacer 'field' udner mplayer,
looks horrible, dunnit?

>The only reason I'm trying to use xine is I have 160 DVD images on the hard
>disk and I want full navigation support, but I'm buggered if I can get a
>decent synced image out of xine.
>
>If mplayer could navigate a dvd it would the *the* perfect player.. <sigh>

Agreed.