[plug] Hdd probs - IBM deskstar experiences?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 20 06:56:36 WST 2004

I must have been lucky.  Over 2 maybe 3 years in a raid 0, 24/7 until
just before christmas and recently powered down each night (too noisy,
even with the door closed - 6 fans!) as I now use a separate gateway.

A couple of disasters when one ide connector came unplugged - thought
they were dying!  Still has the original patitioning, raid partitions
and reiserfs.  Started out Mandrake, now gentoo.  /home is still
original.

BillK