[plug] Hdd probs - IBM deskstar experiences?

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Feb 20 08:56:13 WST 2004

Scott Middleton wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 01:10, Paul Stone wrote:
>

>>hey on the subject of hard drives, did anyone ever use those awful IBM
>>deskstar hard drives, I had one crash on me at work and i heard about heaps
>>of others having the same problem!...
>>

>You mean Deathstar ;-)
>Every single one of them went. The longest lasted until 3 weeks ago.
>
>Regards

We had 100% of them in 25 computers to begin with.  Now we have under
50%.  And I think I may have had another 1 die yesterday.

Unlucky for the supplier, they commited to a 3 year warranty on all of
our computers (its up early next year).  None of the replacements (other
brands) have had any problems at all, we've had replacements that have
mostly been Seagates, but a couple of Maxtors as well.

/ Ben