[plug] Message for Bernd Felsche

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 20 17:40:52 WST 2004

In message <200402201727.30296.bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>
on Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:27:30PM +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2004 13:30, James Devenish wrote:
> > I can't seem to contact you via e-mail directly, so I'm trying
> > through the list. I could perhaps try to find a phone number for
> > you, but I'd already written this e-mail to you -- and it bounced
> > back. Apparently, your mail relay is refusing mail from UWA, or
> Probably because of the massive attack I got due to infected
> machines at UWA trying to ram gigabytes of SWEN down my 56k dialup.

Really? Is there a new Swen variant about the place? Would assume the
virus definitions in the e-mail gateway would know about all the old
variants. I'm sure University Communications Services would be keen
make sure the problem doesn't continue next week (if, indeed, anyone's
realised that it's happening this week).

> > The list software is unable to process these messages normally.
> Looks like I've found a test site for my email config. ;-)

LOL.