[plug] USB mass storage and SD card

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Mon Feb 23 12:25:15 WST 2004

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 23/02/2004 12:22 PM
-----

                      Ben Jensz
                      <plug at jensz.id.au        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [plug] USB mass storage and SD card
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      23/02/2004 12:12
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>Richard Meyer wrote:

>>I can still see the "original" USBMS, but I see no messages in the logs
re
>>the SD card at all. And as I say, if I plug it into a W2K box, it sees 2
>>new drives, which it can write to and read from.
>>
>>RM
>

>Are you plugging the SD card in before mounting the card reader?

>Because its probably seeing a mass storage device that doesn't have any
>storage capacity if you mount it before inserting the SD card, and it
>doesn't think any different even after you've inserted the SD card
>(unmount, remount?).

I've plugged it in before and while it (USB dev) was already plugged in.

The only icon it showed concerned sda1, and mount/umount made no difference
to it. Perhaps I should look in the "dev" directory and see whether
anything shows up there.

RM