[plug] Need Help convincing Dad he doesn't need M$ Office 03

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Feb 23 17:08:29 WST 2004

In a fairly windows dominated network I am striving to have my voice heard.
I am using OOo (1.1.0 and 1.1.1) on my computer currently and 1.1.0 on one
other computer. The 1.1.0 has had a few problems with integrating with
other users on the network, i.e. sharing files that can be read in word and
reading file from word. I am trying to convince my Dad that he doesn't need
to buy M$ as OOo will do the job. Must of the users are students so he
wants to buy a students version of Office 03. Price isn't going to tie him
over. If I can convince him to stay with OOo then a transition to Linux
will be easier.
What I am look for from this list are 2 things:
1) Arguments to convince him to stay (Probably with an upgrade to 1.1.1)
2) Some tips on how to easily update 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 on both Win and Linux
Thanks
Tim
p.s. If you have tips on convincing him that Office 03 is really bad then
that would be cool as well (i.e. how seriously flawed it is)

weirdo AT tigris DOT org (MSN Enabled) | ICQ# 255176389 | Riverton, Perth, WA